Paph. stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potterychef

Reaction score
Hi guys, first bloom p. stonei. It's been a long wait!This flower was just opening Saturday, I'll post another photo when the second bud opens. Enjoy. Doug
HPIM0918.jpg

I have had it about four years, it pushed up a second growth a couple years ago and a third growth this year ( and they are both also growing amazingly slow!) The mature growth in bloom now is well over 2 feet. Doug

Probably 14-16 inch leaf span single growth. It is growing in a 4 inch aircone pot in a mix of 70 % bark, charcoal, perlite and diatomite with a little chopped moss.

Yes to all the above Rick. I have recently moved and am currently in the process of contructing my new greenhouse. In the mean time for the past year all my paphs have lived comfortbably and done real well on my large covered patio. Its probably 12 x 24 with ceiling fans for constant air movement - humid, I'm in Houston and hot - yesterday was 95. As long as I keep plenty of air moving and keep them watered - the paphs seem to do fine in the heat. I have well over 200 on the patio now and they all seem happy - lots in bud/flower. Doug

Sounds good Doug.

I don't think your stonei is running as slow as most, and maybe only a year or so behind mine.

Good growing!

very, very nice one! the one I got last year has about 20 cm LS, and I understand that I had better buy a larger one at once or wait to eternity!!! Jean

Doug,
I was expecting something in the way of flowers this past Spring/Summer but I must wait as others! Mine, I thought was growing very fast. I got it 18 mos ago at 14-16 inch LS, single growth. Now it measures 30 inches on the first growth and approx. 20 inches on the second growth! STILL no flowers!:(

Back