Paph St Swithin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
A first flowering seedling from Japanese breeding (rothschildianum 'Tiger March' SM/JOGA x phillipinense 'Tokyo Harmony' SM/JOGA). I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I love the colour and the flowers are pretty large (especially the first one). I guess like most I was hoping the roths would be more dominant for petal stance, but can't complain. Should look nice with 4 or 5 flowers on it.

David

Paph St Swithin (rothschildianum x phillipinense)

paphstswithin2010com.jpg

paphstswithin20102com.jpg

nice color...do you have more than one?

Thanks. No, just the one. I bought it as a large NFS seedling off P&R Orchids when they closed down 3 years or so ago. He had a couple more including a larger multi-growth plant which I missed out on. Given it was a closing down sale and there was a lot of great plants avaialable, my finances only stretched so far. :)

David

Thanks. No, just the one. I bought it as a large NFS seedling off P&R Orchids when they closed down 3 years or so ago. He had a couple more including a larger multi-growth plant which I missed out on. Given it was a closing down sale and there was a lot of great plants avaialable, my finances only stretched so far

David
of course,
its a nice flowering, nice sepals too

Cool colors David. Especially the chocolate petal tips. Have you looked up pictures of the two parents? I would fine it interesting which one contribute what aspects to your flowers.

Cool colors David. Especially the chocolate petal tips. Have you looked up pictures of the two parents? I would fine it interesting which one contribute what aspects to your flowers.

Thanks Rick. I don't know too much about the parents. Never seen a photo of them. Paphioland on this forum made this comment about the roth

'Tiger March' SM/JOGA= Collected clone. very dark

He did have a link to a photo but unfortunately it is no longer current. Maybe Paphioland can provide further comments. It would appear the colour comes from the roth parent.

I can find nothing on the phillipinense clone.

David

Great colour, long petals; that's quite nice. It'll be magnificient when fully mature.

Latest posts

Back