Paph. sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent. Color looks very nice.
Also, looks like you photographed at the right moment.
A lot of Paph species reflex fast, including this one in my experience.
JC

Beautiful looking rare species. Congrats for blooming. If I close my half eye, I can observe some similarity to Paph. rangsuriyanum. Isn't it?
May we get a picture about the whole plant please?

Lovely colours and marbling on the pouch. Have their been any multifloral crosses done with this species yet? I'm thinking those colours might look great with long-petals! (But everything does in my book :D)

Excellent. Color looks very nice.
Also, looks like you photographed at the right moment.
A lot of Paph species reflex fast, including this one in my experience.
JC

Thanks John, Its been just a couple of days. There are just a few species in the barbata that doesn't reflex in my experience. P. wardii and P. sukhakulii comes to mind.

Thanks everyone. Here is the plant.

DDYWQIel.jpg

hrZlieMl.jpg

Wow, wonderful! The pattern on the pouch is amazing. Do you have special growing tips for this species?

There are no special treatment. Just standard barbata culture. The mix is medium size bark and lava rock. They don't like to dry out but they don't want to be wet either. So moisture requirement is in between that's why I used bark/lava rock 2:1. Sphag is just top dress and they dry right away.

We find them easy to grow under our standard intermediate conditions. That surprised me as I always equate rarity with difficult to grow. (at first approximation)
JC

Latest posts

Back