Paph. sangii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anoter sangii

Maybe not as sexy flower as the one Martin showed us recently, but it's a happy plant :)

sangii2011.jpg

I think I should referee!

This is why I love this forum, This is why my greenhouse got offsets, :rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: ...
Thank you, Heather and John for letting us talk

Sorry Martin ......
BD

anyone knows, where i can find sangii x venustum ? flask is ok also
Thanks,
BD

How do you bring your sangii to bloom?

2009 i get an sangii. it was an small plants with a starting new growth.
after one year the old growht is bigger than before and looks very healthy and the new growth is as strong as the old.
now they both make new leafs(2or3 in one year) but no other growths or especially a bud.

do anybody have a tip for me?

I've grown it in my livingroom under tubes, it blooms. I've grown it in my greenhouse (warm) under tubes, it blooms. Don't know if I have a very easy and tolerant clone, but to me this is one of the easiest species I own.

I've grown it in my livingroom under tubes, it blooms. I've grown it in my greenhouse (warm) under tubes, it blooms. Don't know if I have a very easy and tolerant clone, but to me this is one of the easiest species I own.
- They dont take to well to roasting unfortunately! :(

You had it in your stove??? :poke:

LOL! You know, since we're talking about NYEric, I wouldn't be surprised if he did "redesign" his oven as a temporary growth chamber........He's still learning to remember to remove the plants first, before he preheats the oven when he wants some pizza!:rollhappy:

LOL! You know, since we're talking about NYEric, I wouldn't be surprised if he did "redesign" his oven as a temporary growth chamber........He's still learning to remember to remove the plants first, before he preheats the oven when he wants some pizza!:rollhappy:

WE LOVE YOU ERIC!!!!!!

It was a stupid mistake. The worse part was that it had just put out a new leaf. In October I will go to the source again and see if there are any left. :(

Martin's photo is from the same type as sangii var. ayubianum. The plants are a bit different from standard sangii.

Back