Paph. Robinianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
Another Paph. Robinianum is in flower. It is larger and darker than my first awarded clone. I posted them both for comparison. I like the clone "Green Gremlin' since it has a cleaner color contrast and balanced dorsal sepals.

Ramon:)

Paph. Robinianum Comparison
3388659479_120175ede1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous Ramon. I'm with you. I prefer the 2nd one. Nicer contrast as you say.

I bought this hybrid recently. I was so excited as it is hard to come by. Unfortunately the plant clearly is not a Robinianum as it has red colouring at the base of the leaves. I was so dissappointed. I'll keep looking.

David

I'm assuming Ramon you like the one on the left vs the awarded clone on the right. Fine send me the throw-a-way clone on the right then!:evil:

:rollhappy: This is getting confusing ..... from his description & the clonal name, I would think the one on the left is the awarded one. I'd keep both, they're both NICE!!! :clap:

I like the one on the left - the right side one is darker, and that's really nice too, but I like the crisp color differences in the greener one w/ the dark colors confined to just parts of the bloom. :) They're both really nice though, I think you need to keep and display them both side by side to enjoy the contrasts!

They are both beautiful and it's great to see them side by side. The one dark one on the right is the one I prefer.

The one on the left is the awarded one. I was there that night:> I like the color of the one on the right, but the form of the awarded one is better, I think. Will you be taking the new one to judging?

:rollhappy: This is getting confusing ..... from his description & the clonal name, I would think the one on the left is the awarded one. I'd keep both, they're both NICE!!! :clap:

Yes, the awarded one is the one on the left. It is smaller but cleaner. I won't be bringing it to judging since it only has five flowers.

Cheers!
Love the one on the right. I always go for color.
Without diversity!
We would all be driving the same red car.
And this is coming from a "red paph" breeder!:poke:

Yes, the awarded one is the one on the left. It is smaller but cleaner. I won't be bringing it to judging since it only has five flowers.

Five on this cross would get you an AM in this center!:D

Latest posts

Back