Paph phillipinense (laevigatum form)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can have a specimen plant in a 10 cm pot.

David

wow... I never thought it was THAT compact... Do you by chance have a photo ofthe plant? (no matter if without flowers - I just want to have an idea ofthe size...)

wow... I never thought it was THAT compact... Do you by chance have a photo ofthe plant? (no matter if without flowers - I just want to have an idea ofthe size...)

It is in flower again. The third time in 9 months. Unfortunately the flowers are very deformed. The pouches are really sunken as you can tell from the photo. It is flowering in the middle of winter which is a strange time. Maybe that is a cause. I don't know.

Anyway there is a photo of the whole plant below. I have it sitting next to my roebellinii. The growths are pretty similar in length but the roebelinii are much wider. The growths of my laevagatum are very similar in size and look to my hirsutissimum.

David

laevagatum2009.jpg

laevagatum2009plant.jpg

Hi david,

Thanks a lot!! It is not only nice to have a pic of the laevigatum but also being able to compare it to the roebellinii. :) Looking at this plant without flowers, I would have never thought of it as phillipinense...

David,
Does the plant have sunken tissue anywhere on the leaves? This can accure during low humidity and/or too dry between waterings. also, dehydrated looking flowers.

David,
Does the plant have sunken tissue anywhere on the leaves? This can accure during low humidity and/or too dry between waterings. also, dehydrated looking flowers.

I'll have a look at the plant. I think you are right though. Low humidity is most likely the cause due to heaters drying out the air too much. The other two times it flowered during spring/summer it was fine.

David

and now another question (probably also without a final answer :D)

Are var. laevigatum and var. palawense the same variety? in some places they are listed as synonyms and then in others as different varieties, and it seems there is no agreement... Anybody knows?

Latest posts

Back