Paph. philippinense var. laevigatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

This plant is showing it's flower allready for some time, but this week the last one opened, allthough the last flower hasn't dveloped fully yet I decided to make pictures of it today as the first flower was allready degrading.

The first flower wasn't the best anyway because it's a lot smaller compared to the other flowers and as soon as it showed that it wasn't as good I moved the plant to another spot with the hope that it would have a possitive impact on the flower quality / size.

IMG_3424.jpg

This photo shows the best flower, allthough the pattern on the dorsal isn't as nice as I wished it would I apreciate the colours and the form of the sepals.

The other flowers aren't as curled / twisted, I again blaim culture for this:

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

Here's a close up of the stami

IMG_3429.jpg

It was a good thing that I made the photo's today, as I put the plant back in it's place in the living room the first flower fell of.

Very nice Marc. The first flower is incredibly different. Both in terms of size and height from the growth. The other flowers are magnificent.

David

Wonderful long petals. If this is the first bloom, it can only get better.

I meassured them and the longest are 16.5cm's :)

Very nice Marc. The first flower is incredibly different. Both in terms of size and height from the growth. The other flowers are magnificent.

David

I started out with the plant on the windowsill of a north facing window, and allthough I moved the plant to the southern section of the living room before the flower opened the impact was noticeable. For the rest of the time the plant stayed close to south facing windows without getting any direct light and the flower developed quite nicely.

looks good. Your parents might not mind if you traded for something you like better!

Still not planning on getting rid of it. :p

Really a fine example of a philie but how confident are you on the variety laevigatum?

Last edited:
Yes, that is what I expect a laevigatum to look like. It doesn't look like yours though. Yours looks more like roebellinii. In the end they are all phillipinense.

David

I'll probably visit the nursery this weekend as they are celebrating their 100 year aniversary this weekend. I'll exchange thoughts with the breeder if he isn't to buisy during the celebrations.

Back