Paph. philippinense var. laevigatum ('Snowy' x 'Buttermilk')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GuRu said:
Hey Marco seems you are a quick one!!!!:rollhappy:

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Hahaha!!!! :)

Thanks for everyone's nice comments. I'm really happy with it, and it was worth the long wait. Very different growth habit on this one from my other phil. varieties. Sort of wishing now that I'd taken it to the meeting today.

Hard to get enough light but I think this is a little better of a photo. (Honestly, I'm just trying to get Marco off again...) :rollhappy:

laevigatumyo7.jpg

I love this one! Beautiful! Do you know anything about it's history? I mean, where the parents came from, etc... If it's somewhere else in this thread, let me know, and I'll just go back and read it :)

- Matt

PS- Heather, the fact that your background in the photo is white (or at least very light) will cause your camera to under-expose the photo. Darker background will make it lighter, belive it or not.

Hi Heather, that is surely one lovely plant. The blooms are georgous. Just thought I'd say 'Hi.' Haven't been here for a while, but I really haven't had very much in bloom. Wahhh!!! :sob:

very nice! it's either a little early or a tad late for philippinense, but then again one of my confused plants sent up a spike too!

Food for thought..

I should probably start this in another thread but.. I would like some opinions on whether growing indoors, under lights, etc. and controlling humidity, temp., light, fertilizer, etc. that the "natural" seasons for blooming have been thrown out the window. :confused:

Heather, I'm confused. That doesn't look like a 12" leafspan. If it is what size is the pot and the flower? Where's the rule [ruler] for reference?

Latest posts

Back