Paph philippinense alba X Kolosand

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!! It looks like the phillie stunted the plant size quite a bit, my kolosand had a 39" leafspan

Yes. Albas are small and two parents are albas I guess. This is a first step to create an alba sandi hybrid according to Sam.

You mean he mis labeled it? The plant and flower are very typical of the parents.
Very unlikely he would be bringing plants mislabeled at Redland.20190502_084107.jpg

I think the label is correct. You just couldn't get a more opposite result from the desired outcome.

It is actually what I expected except the count. You can see each parent's good traits are amplified and fixes the weaknesses. Im also glad that it did not turned out a bland half baked alba. Keeper.

I also have one of these in first bloom--appears to be from the same breeding, but purchased from Paph Paradise. I was not looking for alba in coloration, so am pleased with the result. My expectation was for smaller size from the philippinense, flower count from the kolopakingii and shape from the sanderianum, and I believe it accomplishes that. I think the petals on mine have a somewhat wider "stance" (probably from sanderianum) but the same golden coloration and 5 flowers. Let's see if I can get the photo to load. The RHS lists the name as Paph. Reverend Canon Mari.

Attachments

• Paph Reverend Canon Mari 29019-04-23.jpg
    Paph Reverend Canon Mari 29019-04-23.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
That is seriously nice. I would prefer this to an album form. Reading those links, this cross is typically producing coloured forms, so the ID of yours is fine.

Is the Kolosand parent a normal form that carries the album gene?

That is my understanding but it had a lot of green on it (Green Dragon). Maybe Sam will cross this back to a kolo alba or another phili alba to come up with an albino looking sandi.

Latest posts

Back