Paph parishii and randsii deflasked

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much, I have had a very busy work schedule lately. Anyway I took today off and deflasked two paph species. I am really impressed with the parishii, especially the root development. Both flasks were easy to pot up. The parishii has a lot of plants with multiple growth and the randsii are generally one growth per plant. The randsii looked ready to come out and the plants are great size and look very sturdy but don't have the root growth of the parishii. They were all ready to come out though.

I plan to grow them inside my home until Spring starts in September and then they will be grown outside in a greenhouse. I believe that parishii can grow cool but randsii must be warm. Plants are in 2 inch pots which gives you a perspective on how large they are.

Paph parishii with a close up as well:

DSCF3619.jpg

DSCF3618.jpg

Paph randsii and close up photo:

DSCF3614.jpg

DSCF3615.jpg

Ok, I have just done some searches on parishii. And they should have clear green leaves like other strap leaf species.

Looks like I've been sold something else. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - oh well. Hopefully I can establish what I have otherwise I have a bunch of plants (about 30) that could be worth nothing. I don't want to grow something for 5 years to find out I can't identify it.

;-)

The joys of buying flasks from Taiwan!

The fake parishii are an hybrid of parvis x multifloral or sequential multi. I have seen the same seedlings at the TIOS in flask. The randsii are unlikely to be randsii too. By curiosity are those from Hung Sheng as well???

I have seen and deflasked thaianum from them too, they are definitely not thaianum as well, the leaves and tesselation are not right. Add to it the rothschildianum 'Arschfick' I posted in another thread, and we get a whole picture of their concept of the paph trade...

Yes I think both flasks are from Hung Shen.

I have a feeling you are right about the parishii after looking more closely at the growth habit. They could very well be a parvi x multi and they don't look much different to the Jade Dragons I have.

If they were honest about the plants I would still buy them and expect the to turn out for what they are. But now I haven't a clue.

I have emailed the importer who is usually fast to respond but so far I have received nothing back. Will let you know what he says.

I do have a large randsii and the growth habits of these seedlings are very similar as are the leaves so I would expect they should be right. But who knows?

In ten years when the randsii finally flower I might know for sure.

:(:(oh bummer and a bigger bummer if you can't ID! Put that one on our Do Not Buy List!

I'm a bit of a diplomat, so I would tell this incompetent seller to drop dead!:fight:

Wonderful seedlings, but too bad they are not the ones you ordered... :(. Let's hope they turn out to be something good as Eric said..!

So do I wait up to 10 years to see what they are though? I wonder if it's worth the space for something I may not be able to identify.

I am really confident that randsii is right after checking my other plants and photos.

It is indeed to bad, my search continues.

;-)

If you're planning to let some go as NoID paph seedlings, I would be interested to get a couple of each (not now, I don't trust myself with seedlings in the middle of winter). Maybe in a few months time, after they have hardened a bit. Lemme know :)

If you're planning to let some go as NoID paph seedlings, I would be interested to get a couple of each (not now, I don't trust myself with seedlings in the middle of winter). Maybe in a few months time, after they have hardened a bit. Lemme know :)

Ok, I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping the nursery can answer my questions, if not I won't be buying from them again. I guess they will be cheap as NOID's as I won't be able to sell them as anything named if the nursery doesn't know.

If any Aussies want to know where they came from before they order any flasks I would suggest you PM me and I will explain what happened. It may be a risk for you to order from this source.

Why the fuss? You don't owe this seller anything. You paid for your plants and he screwed up on the delivery and now you're left with plants you didn't want. Let the world know who he is. :viking:

I would give them the opportunity to make it right, if not I'm with Shiva!

Latest posts

Back