Paph. Pacific Rainbow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The white pouch is a product of the albinistic genes from the Paph insigne sanderae background combining with the pink Paph henryanum pouch. A similar effect is found in Paph Pinocchio and Paph Avalon Mist where the albinistic Paph primulinum does the same to the pink pouch.

Excellent green flower! While you'd like to get one with that white pouch, I'd love to see big black bold henryanum spots on that dorsal!

The white pouch is a product of the albinistic genes from the Paph insigne sanderae background combining with the pink Paph henryanum pouch. A similar effect is found in Paph Pinocchio and Paph Avalon Mist where the albinistic Paph primulinum does the same to the pink pouch.

I buy that idea, but albinistic henrys still have raised tissue where the dark spots were, right? Just thinking...

-Ernie

I was referring to the pouch color in my comments. The color inheritence is expressed differently in the other flower parts. I believe that the spots in the dorsal will disappear and that henryanum will express its albinism similar to insigne sanderianum, the primary difference being the pouch color.

It would be interesting to see an albinistic henryanum in person, and to see how it breeds.

Latest posts

Back