paph niveum fma album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jens,
Your statement on "wheat" and "chaff" is so very true! I even belief it is valid both on sellers and buyers.....
Sadly I also see "chaff" buyers. My personal experience, is that when you contact the seller directly, with a very reasonable comment, and very reasonable expectations, you get a very reasonable reply back.
Dear Dirk,
I wholeheartedly agree with every word of yours in response to my biblical allusion!

Some of us have written a few warnings about the most notorious chaff (read: fraudulent) sellers on Ebay, to be read in the section 'Problem, pests, and diseases'.

And what you say about chaff buyers - and in general about the most adequate way of handling mistakes as a buyer, when they appear....well, I could have written that myself!

I have, even in these pages, seen some buyers hurling what can only be called vitriolic abuse at sellers, that I have dealt with, sometimes for years, with no reason to complain, actually the opposite. If you respond in defense for the seller, though, and they respond by hurling abuse at you, it's pretty obvious, what kind of person you are dealing with!

Often, when you check their profile, it's brand new or at least pretty recent, and it's difficult not to get the thought, that it has been created just with the purpose of creating havoc and/or as part of an online smear campaign.

One of the funnier instances of a complaint-thread, was a guy who was really upset about some plants, he had bought online. Among other things he complained about the plants not being sufficiently rooted and having suffered by being sent in a too dry (sic!) state.
He provided evidence of the poor state the plants arrived in by uploading a photo... the photo showed 5 or 6 perfectly fine plants. They seemed, though, to have had a bit of a tough ride during transportation, and because of that, the growth medium was all over the consignment, and the plants as a consequence were no longer in their pots... but each and everyone of the plants seemed to have roots of a kind, that I would be more than happy to receive! 🙄

Hi Merc,
I love the way you reacted to the 'mistaken identitity' situation. You have a lovely Greyi fma. album to be proud off. 🏆
Merc, I apologize for having brought your thread a bit off piste! To get back to the topic of you and your plant, there is only one response to the wise words of Dirk: Amen to that! 😇

your guys' feedback is great! i thought to myself this flower did not look quite like my other niveums and it's comforting to hear confirmation of my suspicions. i've not seen ruffled petals in any of my other niveums.
just to be clear i am very very very happy with all the gems i’ve picked up from exotic plant company. the comment i made above is just me thinking out loud. i am def just a novice hobby grower and was happy about leveling up in the hobby and being able to recognize the subtle variations between the brachys. 😊 def hope it wasn’t misconstrued or misinterpreted as a criticism of the vendor because i am a big big fan of EPC! ❤️

Next flowering try not to change the orientation of the container/flower while the flower is opening and the wonky staminode on your little cutie could be fixed.
this is incredibly insightful! i constantly fiddle with and shuffle my plants and didn’t realize this could be the culprit. totally makes sense and very good to know! thank you!

your guys' feedback is great! i thought to myself this flower did not look quite like my other niveums and it's comforting to hear confirmation of my suspicions. i've not seen ruffled petals in any of my other niveums.
this little guy just bloomed. normal niveum with ruffled petals. i stand corrected. i must be mixing up my brachy petals.

Attachments

• IMG_9397.jpeg
    IMG_9397.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Back