Paph. Natasha Von Fox

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
This is victoria-regina x liemianum, the inverse of the registered cross. Those who lump victoria-regina in with chamberlainianum would call this an inverse cross of P. Salvadore Dali. I prefer calling it Natasha Von Fox, but not for any good reason.

I think I might try crossing it with the Magic Lantern that I just posted. They're both very nice blooms, I think, and I'd expect it would be an interesting cross; and hopefully easy-blooming. The Magic Lantern has a second bud, even on this, its first blooming, so the flower count of the progeny might good too.

Does anyone have a picture of a Magic Lantern x cochlo cross? I don't think I've seen one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dewittkower/3720469747/in/photostream/

I agree that Magic Lantern onto a cochlo is a good idea. Shoot, ML onto anything that "works" with micranthum sounds like a good idea to me. Hard to imagine no one has tried though??? Maybe contact Robert, Tom Kalina, or one of the other breeders directly to see what they say. Could be that ML is a crappy/picky parent?

-Ernie

Back