Paph micranthum var. eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all.

Big fat flower on a petite plant! :)

May I ask your winter temperature? day high and night low?

We had the most extreme weather over the year. The lowest reached 4C in Feb. The highest could be 26C as I remember. But Normally the average low in winter is about 8C. This year broke the record of the lowest temperature for the past 50 years.

In february, according to the data obtained from the Observatory, average day high is about 18.5C; average day low is 15C

Nice flower.
Agreed these are ideal temps for micranthum. I believe they can withstand a freeze with no problem.
JC

Thank you all.

We had the most extreme weather over the year. The lowest reached 4C in Feb. The highest could be 26C as I remember. But Normally the average low in winter is about 8C. This year broke the record of the lowest temperature for the past 50 years.

In february, according to the data obtained from the Observatory, average day high is about 18.5C; average day low is 15C

Such a massive flower on such a small plant! I don't think I'll ever see mine bloom, it's likely too warm (16-17c min night temps in winter, never below that in the entire year). I should probably give it to someone who can provide better conditions for it.

Such a massive flower on such a small plant! I don't think I'll ever see mine bloom, it's likely too warm (16-17c min night temps in winter, never below that in the entire year). I should probably give it to someone who can provide better conditions for it.

Hang in there, 16C might do the trick on certain forgiving clones.
Keep it for a couple more years to decide.

Of course, much cooler is sure deal, but there are a handful of people here who reports that their micranthum and armeniacum bloom under minimum of 18C even! might be crazy confused plants, but one never knows!

Of course, much cooler is sure deal, but there are a handful of people here who reports that their micranthum and armeniacum bloom under minimum of 18C even! might be crazy confused plants, but one never knows!

IMO it depends the genetic material for the descendants. If the parents came from high altitude, perhaps the offsprings do a little better under cooler condition. In reverse, low altitude offsprings might withstand better under warm conditions.

Lowest temps for 40years ---- so much for global warming!! and by the way I love your micranthum..

Ed

Thank you. I hope it wont be too hot this summer. We experienced an almost 38C last year in August, which resulted in a number of heat stress and desiccations of my paph

IMO it depends the genetic material for the descendants. If the parents came from high altitude, perhaps the offsprings do a little better under cooler condition. In reverse, low altitude offsprings might withstand better under warm conditions.

I'll keep them, yes. They're growing at least, slowly, but steadily. Beautiful micranthum flower pictures like these certainly motivate me to keep trying!

Latest posts

Back