Paph. micranthum var. eburneum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Chien. Is that a species that is getting more common there? Here in the U.S. they are still expensive and the only one I've ever seen selling them in Sam of Orchid Inn. Where was that purchased from, the open market or from one of your friends?

Absolutely superb. I hope mine looks half as good as yours if/when I bloom it! (I will fully admit the one I covet most is fma. album, but who in their right mind would sniff at this?)

I agree that this is one of the best shaped/proportioned ones I've seen too.

The pouch color is also distinct and clear white compared to the petals/sepals.

How big is this flower? I hope you do post a picture of the whole plant.

DSCN6770.jpg

DSCN6772.jpg

Here are pictures of whole plant and the foliage.

DSCN6787.jpg

This is another plant.

DSCN6790.jpg

This kind of leaves are what I like:)

Can you show a picture of the foliage?, I love the foliage of the eburneum variety, it is much nicer compared to a regular micranthum, the foliage almost reminds me of a "jewel" orchid.

Robert

Do you like jewel orchids? My friend and I collect some, we also like jewel orchids.
DSCN5733.jpg

DSCN5363.jpg

Thanks for the closeups Chien. What is your mix? The 2nd pic there are large white objects, are there rock or sponage rock?

Thanks Chien for the pictures of the foliage, plus the pictures of the Jewel Orchids, and yes I do like Jewel orchids. It is always nice to have orchids (unlike big old ugly Cattleya's) that are attractive even when they are not in bloom...Sometimes when I breed, I pay attention to the foliage as well, and try to breed plants that have attractive foliage.

Robert

Here are pictures of whole plant and the foliage.

This is another plant.

This kind of leaves are what I like:)
Yes me too! :p One thing though, from the foliage I would guess that they are different species or varieties! :confused:

Do you like jewel orchids? My friend and I collect some, we also like jewel orchids.
Me too! Similar tastes I guess. Do have corybas or Japanese jewel orchids available where you live?!

Nice pics!!!! GReat plants!!! I love jewel orchids two!! I killed one (my first) but I definatelly want to try again...:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back