Paph. Maudiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Clark

Just learned how to use imageshack this week.
This is 'Bankhouse' x self. BTW, the photos on this site are fantastic.
Thanks for looking.

001ukk.jpg

That's "Banhaus x self"? I think that would be a good argument against Bankhaus being identical to "The Queen"...isn't "The Queen" supposed to be a sterile triploid? Take care, Eric

That's "Banhaus x self"? I think that would be a good argument against Bankhaus being identical to "The Queen"...isn't "The Queen" supposed to be a sterile triploid? Take care, Eric
That's what I've heard reported too. Hmmmmm?

I love the green/white flowers......and this one catches my eye too! Very nice.

Nice Maudiae Clark. How many slipper plants do you have?

I have 20 BS or NBS slippers (Paph. and Phrag.).
18 large seedlings (sanderianum).
45 just out of flasks.
25 non slipper orchids (half of these were on the discount rack at Lowes).

I have seen the name 'Banhaus' online before. If googled, that name points
one to a vendor. This is not the vendor that I bought this plant from.
The label I have says: Paph. Maudiae 'Bankhouse' x self. We bought
this in the fall/winter of 2007.
I thought the flower was very good as it was 5 1/8 inches across.

I miss-typed...I had meant "Bankhaus"....I have only seen Bankaus offered by Orchids Limited in the past...yet a plant I had (ages ago) that was labelled "Bankhaus' was nowhere near "The Queen" in appearance and size...much closer to a good Magnificum....the plant died not long afterward....It was so long ago that I don't remember exact measurements...but there has been a previous discussion here about whether "Bankhaus" is really equivalent to "The Queen"...there is also another Maudiae or 2 that is supposedly the equivalent of both of those clones...Take care, Eric

Nice flower - nice photo!
I have heard that Bankhouse & The Queen are one & the same, but I don't think they look the same. I have The Queen, dorsal seems larger & petals shorter, which could be an optical illusion. The flower size, as we know, can vary from one blooming to the next. All nice clones.

Latest posts

Back