Paph malipoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

em_tee_w

Been waiting for many many months for this one. The fragrance is so slight, I can't tell if it is raspberry-ish, or grass-ish, or something else.

Paph_malipoense.jpg

This came out very nice!!

What are your culture tricks for this species?

This is grown in intermediate temps, 60F nights in winter, maybe up to 90F days in the summer. It likes a fair amount of water but I almost never water more than once per week, and I also fertilize extremely lightly, maybe once per month. It gets fairly bright light, direct sun for a couple hours in the early morning then dappled sunlight the rest of the day. It is grown next to coffee plants.

Great photo, is the color really that light?

It is a bit more green than that, but the photo is backlit so it washed out some of the green. It is lighter green than others I have seen, and is more yellow now after a few weeks.

This is grown in intermediate temps, 60F nights in winter, maybe up to 90F days in the summer. It likes a fair amount of water but I almost never water more than once per week, and I also fertilize extremely lightly, maybe once per month. It gets fairly bright light, direct sun for a couple hours in the early morning then dappled sunlight the rest of the day.

What do you use for potting mix? What's your irrigation water like?

Back