Quantcast

Paph. King Arthur 'Bourgogne' AM/RHS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
This is an old clone but a good one. Robust growers that tend to bloom in the fall. I'm not sure when it was awarded, but I'm guessing 1960s or so. Somebody actually know?

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
Deja vous.
I don't know about the clonal award but here is a slide of a King Arthur I took back in the 60's. It looks almost the same as yours! Notice my note on the slide "Cyp". All slippers were called cyps back then.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Yup, looks like the same clone. Probably only one clone of this grex still around, I'd wager.

E

Eric Muehlbauer

I read somewhere...possibly here? ...that King Arthur "Burgoyne" is one of the few paphs that carry virus, in at least some of the plants. Apparently due to its use as a cut flower all these years....Take care, Eric

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
Eric Muehlbauer said:
I read somewhere...possibly here? ...that King Arthur "Burgoyne" is one of the few paphs that carry virus, in at least some of the plants. Apparently due to its use as a cut flower all these years....Take care, Eric
Hmm. Actually, I suspect that a lot of the older paph clones carry virus. But they almost never show any signs of it. I've never had these tested, so I don't know. I have seen some plants of this clone in other collections that look virused though. As a slipper grower you can get lazy about virus (I know I don't think about it much).