Paph. King Arthur 'Bourgogne' AM/RHS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
This is an old clone but a good one. Robust growers that tend to bloom in the fall. I'm not sure when it was awarded, but I'm guessing 1960s or so. Somebody actually know?

Paph_King_Arthur.jpg

Deja vous.
I don't know about the clonal award but here is a slide of a King Arthur I took back in the 60's. It looks almost the same as yours! Notice my note on the slide "Cyp". All slippers were called cyps back then.
KingArthur.jpg

I read somewhere...possibly here? ...that King Arthur "Burgoyne" is one of the few paphs that carry virus, in at least some of the plants. Apparently due to its use as a cut flower all these years....Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
I read somewhere...possibly here? ...that King Arthur "Burgoyne" is one of the few paphs that carry virus, in at least some of the plants. Apparently due to its use as a cut flower all these years....Take care, Eric

Hmm. Actually, I suspect that a lot of the older paph clones carry virus. But they almost never show any signs of it. I've never had these tested, so I don't know. I have seen some plants of this clone in other collections that look virused though. As a slipper grower you can get lazy about virus (I know I don't think about it much).

Latest posts

Back