Paph Joyce Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

First timer. The sheath was just beginning to poke out when I got the plant so I won't take the credit for flowering it.

I'm surprised at the size of the flower (10cm) compared to the size of the plant (20cm leaf span). Not perfect but big, blowsy and quite charming, I think. I also like the staminode of this one.

PaphJoyceHasegawa.jpg

A few more? You must really like them, Eric!

Thanks, everyone. I struggled to photograph this one because it's been so overcast recently and the light levels are appalling at times. I finally managed to get the colours right so I'm happy enough.

That's beautiful!! So soft. The staminode is a beautiful contrast to the petals. NICE! :D

Beautiful! It's hard to tell from a 2 dimentional photo; but, are the petals leaning forward? If so, that would account for the more rounded appearance of the petals....as opposed to the more common horizontally stretched out petals, normally seen with this cross. If the petals are really that round and "delenatii-like", could this flower be the result of Joyce Hasegawa x self...or, x sib? Selfing and sibbing of hybrids brings out a wider variation in the offspring as compared to seedling from a breeding of one species with another. In a selfing or sibbing, you would expect to see some that look very much like delenatii and others that look a lot more like emersonii. Whatever the case, it's a beautiful flower!

Thanks!

There's very little info on the tag but I bought it as Paph. Joyce Hasegawa (delenatii x emersonii).

The petals are not completely flat but not cuppy either. It actually stretched out slightly more in the last couple of days (almost 11 cm now) and to my eye looks very much as I would expect this sort of cross to look like. More horizontally elongated than a dele but not as much as emersonii, with daddy's wonkly dorsal and neat little pouch.

Back