Paph. Joyce Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
One of my favourite primary hybrids!
1744.jpg

Mine croaked right after it bloomed! :( , I'm enjoying yours though! :clap:

Thanks everyone.

Bob, I don't know what might be the problem causing the leaves to rot; but, it seems that a repotting into fresh mix is in order. It could just be sour mix and a whacky pH. Fresh mix should solve the problem. You'd be better off to do the repotting before the plant goes downhill too much. Otherwise, it'll have the repotting stress to deal with on top of being weak from losing too many leaves. Good luck.

Better to repot mine before it goes bye bye. Nice flat one nice color too!

Ramon:)

John the plant is growing in S/H so repotting is not the issue. It happens to both of my plants of that cross. My only guess would be that I water with very cold well water. That water comes into the greenhouse before it goes into the water softener. So if I ran a hot water line in there, that water would have salt in it. Oh well, one can't grow all paphs.

Dying

And why do so many die after blooming - Some say orchids bloom in result to shock and its the last effort to produce a successor.j -

Very nice one. Is this the season for these to bloom? Mine doesn't even have a spike yet.

Latest posts

Back