Paph Jennifer Ann Hella '#5'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paph Jennifer Ann Hella = Mildred Hunter x Skip Barlett. This one was selected for its relatively small growth habit and flower.
PaphJenniferAnnHella5-1.jpg

Here is #5 in a 3 1/2 inch pot next to #2, another small grower with multi growths in a 5 inch pot.
PaphJenniferAnnHella25.jpg

They look great Ross, as always great looking flowers and awesome photos. Thanks Jim.

What are the leafspan of the plants and the natural spread of the flowers? Is the goal to get as small a flower and plant as possible? Or is the goal to get as big a flower and as small a plant as possible?

a desirable goal would probably be a compact plant with a tall stem and big flower!

My preference ito plant and flower size would be the one on the left. For this reason I do not like some of the Maudiae types as some of the flower stems are so long that the flower does not look part of the plant to me. (just my preference) I am a little concerned about the one on the right that the flower would disappear into the plant when not grown that well.
However I must say that I like both flowers. I presume it is the influence of Skip Bartlett giving the whitish undertones?

What are the leafspan of the plants and the natural spread of the flowers? Is the goal to get as small a flower and plant as possible? Or is the goal to get as big a flower and as small a plant as possible?

'#2', the plant on the left
Leaf span: 6" or 15cm.
Total width: 8.5cm
Dorsal width: 6cm

#5, plant on right
Leaf span: 9" or 23cm
Total width: 8cm
Dorsal width: 5.5cm

As far as plant and flower size, I prefer that visually the flower be proportional to the plant size. The flower in Rusty's picture of Paph Russell Palmer from the Orchid Zone, while large for the plant still looks pleasing to me.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=90404#post90404

Latest posts

Back