Paph. Jacqueline’s Spring Moon ‘Pacific Heights’ AM/HOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did this plant get its award?
May 5, 2018 - 13.7 cm natural spread, but that was for 'Slipper Zone Well I Never' from the AOS. I don't know what the HOS is - I originally thought HOS was a typo, but of course there is always more for me to learn.

Last edited:
HOS is the Honolulu Orchid Society, which for decades has had its own judging system, which is similar, but not identical, to the AOS judging system. This particular clone was awarded on April 10, 2019. At that time, it had two flowers on two 17 cm tall inflorescences and a horizontal natural spread of 14.0 cm. This information is published in the 80th Anniversary Edition of Na Okika O Hawaii, the Hawaii Orchid Journal, and should be available on the latest update of OrchidWiz (I am a little behind on my updates and it does not show up in X6.0).
I purchased this plant from Graham Woods of Lehua Orchids, who was the exhibitor of the plant that was awarded by the AOS in 2018. I believe Graham is the originator of this cross. My guess would be that these plants were flaskmates.

HOS is the Honolulu Orchid Society, which for decades has had its own judging system, which is similar, but not identical, to the AOS judging system. This particular clone was awarded on April 10, 2019. At that time, it had two flowers on two 17 cm tall inflorescences and a horizontal natural spread of 14.0 cm. This information is published in the 80th Anniversary Edition of Na Okika O Hawaii, the Hawaii Orchid Journal, and should be available on the latest update of OrchidWiz (I am a little behind on my updates and it does not show up in X6.0).
I purchased this plant from Graham Woods of Lehua Orchids, who was the exhibitor of the plant that was awarded by the AOS in 2018. I believe Graham is the originator of this cross. My guess would be that these plants were flaskmates.

HOS was founded in 1939 and established its judging system in 1951.

Back