Paph. Ichiro Suzuki

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Reaction score
Here's a teaser for you. Remember this one as I'm making as many hybrids as possible with it right now. The saturated spot brachy have been around in Japan for a while, but I haven't seen anything offered in the US yet. Another interesting point about this flower is the background is yellow-green.

This cross is Mem. Hirohisa Kawaii x bellatulum. The cross is 87.5% bellatulum with a little niveum and godefroyae in the background. I'm going to go onto bellatulum again, and also back onto godefroyae and S.Gratrix to keep working with the spotting. I plan on storing some of the pollen until one of my heavily spotted red bellatulum blooms.

Enjoy!

suzuki.jpg

Very nice! :clap:

Everytime I see one of these pop up, I see that Hirohisa Kawai in the background. I picked one up from Norito H. a year ago with that as a parent. He described it as a vini brachy, hope it turns out as nice! :)

Amazing! Look the spotting pattern and colour!!!!! Wow!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!

Sweet flower. What wold happen if you cross this onto a complex modern white? Would the color spread and keep the roundness?

Sweet flower. What wold happen if you cross this onto a complex modern white? Would the color spread and keep the roundness?

My guess is that it would be nice and round with lots of fine spotting, but not nearly as dark. Perhaps some would come out heavily spotted as well. Next spring I'm going to try and import flasks of brachys like this one.

Latest posts

Back