Paph. Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwillard

Reaction score
This plant arrived in very poor shape, not as bad as my face but practically no healthy root system,almost all rotting away. It had 3 growths,I decided to do the sphagnum bag treatment without any results for over 2 months, if it wanted to die off I thought I'd accelerate it's painful death so I made a sheep manure tea,soaked up sphagnum in it then stuffed the plants in it and set it on the heat mat. From then on,I only watered it in manure tea.

After 5 months this is the result with 2 new growths.

please show the plant and more details of the special brew.

iPhotos is now caput and OSX's latest photos app is no longer allowing photobucket uploads.

I ended up putting the plant's picture on my facebook page which photos app links to it but not many people wishes to sign up for FB to see pictures.

As soon as I'll figure something,I'll put the picture here.In the meantime,sheep manure tea is poop,urine and loads of added lime to cut down the smell during winter months.

After putting the dusty stuff into 5 gallon bucket and fill it to the brim with water,I close the lid and set it in the sun for about a week,when I open the lid it stinks the high hell (urea) but you get a nice dark brew then filter the sediments out of it. I store the brew in the refrigerator (very tight container) and use 1/4 tsp per 2 gallons of water.

I meant to add,it worked for me on this plant only because it was destined to die off and I had nothing to lose except try something new as an experiment for an orchid plant. I have been using manure tea for years all over my gardens and they grow like weeds.

Latest posts

Back