Paph. hirsutisimum var. esquirolei 'Gold Country' and chuiwanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
I have this plant for years and it has been growing bigger and bigger. Then finally it flowered! I have put it in comparison with my division of the regular sized Paph. hirsutisimum var. esquirolei 'Gold Country'.

Ramon:)

Paph. hirsutisimum var. esquirolei 'Gold Country' and chuiwanum
3469846720_edf2d7605c_b.jpg

Nice pictures.
I have a question about the size of the pics. The above pics are obviously larger than what is allowed? How is it done??
Is there an easy way to reduce the size of the pictures without firing up my photoshop elements?

Ramon, I like this picture featuring those 2 cousins a lot!!!! but personally, I would be very interested in close-ups of the 2 blooms :):) !!! Jean

Nice pictures.
I have a question about the size of the pics. The above pics are obviously larger than what is allowed? How is it done??
Is there an easy way to reduce the size of the pictures without firing up my photoshop elements?

Here how I proceed:

Photo posting will be easy once you have got the trick!!

I use the ImageShack download:
=> browse my PC-file, select photo: not too large (for me: 30 x 24 cm format out of Paint Shop Pro),
=> host it,
=> ImageShack will produce several alternatives to connect the pict. to your post; I use the Hotlink for forums (1) script, with copy and paste into my post,

Jean

Ramon, I like this picture featuring those 2 cousins a lot!!!! but personally, I would be very interested in close-ups of the 2 blooms :):) !!! Jean

OK1

Paph. hirsutisimum v. esquirolei 'Gold Country' CCM/CSA
3470446464_15d02525b8_b.jpg

Paph. hirsutisimum v.chiuwanum
3470448434_0d83225553_b.jpg

They are both wonderful!!! The close ups are fantastic!!!! Well done Ramon...:)

Very nice, Ramon, both of them. I particularly like the compactness of v. chiuwanum though.

Do you grow them the same?

Not to rain on a parade, but isn't chiuwanum supposed to have straight petal margins (not undulated)? If not, please school me...

-Ernie

Not to rain on a parade, but isn't chiuwanum supposed to have straight petal margins (not undulated)? If not, please school me...

-Ernie

That is true but it was based on an immature flower according to Cribb. The only other thing that differ in the variety is the small size both flower and plant (Koopowitz).

I see both varieties flowering side by side for the very first time. That's good for comparisons.

Thanks a lot Ramon and best regards from Germany, rudolf

Back