Paph. Hilo Citron

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy

Reaction score
The parentage is Alma Gevaert 'Green Dome' SM/TPS X Hsinying Citron 'Ching Hua Giant' GM/TPS
Here are the first two seedlings flowered so far:
NS=11.0cm, DS=6.8cm
66.jpg

NS=12.0cm, DS=7.0cm
67.jpg

Both have rather squat dorsals, which I believe is the influence of the
pod parent. While the first bloom is quite pretty, the second bloom is rather
ghastly. The petal outline is slightly better but the rest of the bloom is just...
um.., NO! LOL :rollhappy: There are 25 others yet to flower, I'm really hoping
some will inherit the very round dorsal of Alma Gevaert 'Green Dome' :p

Last edited:
Nice conparison. I don't care for the petals on the first. The second, to me has potential to be great on future bloomings

I can't see the photos from Hardy. The first time I clicked there was just a blank space where the photos should be. Then I went out and came back in, and this time got the red x inside a square box. I went to other post and can see all the photos. I even went back to Hardy's post in the Paph. section on the green maudies and can no longer see his photos there. I saw them when he originally posted it. Oh my :-(

Last edited:
Wow werid. I opened Hardy's post with no problems and read throw Dot's post. Then I closed it and moved on to another. Now I'm back and no pictures! werid.

I can't see the photos from Hardy. The first time I clicked there was just a blank space where the photos should be. Then I went out and came back in, and this time got the red x inside a square box. I went to other post and can see all the photos. I even when back to Hardy's post in the Paph. section on the green maudies and can no longer see his photos there. I saw them when he originally posted it. Oh my :-(

Uh oh, it's problem with villagephotos. When their file traffic is busy, villagephotos will shut down free users' stuff temporarily. I've been using their service for free for abt 5 years and have seen it come up every now and then... :eek:

So sory for the inconvenience and thanks guyz for your feedback. I'm gonna sign up for photobucket and I guess it's now time to say byebye to villagephotos :rolleyes:

Nice conparison. I don't care for the petals on the first. The second, to me has potential to be great on future bloomings
I agree! I like this one better, looks like it just needs to pop it's dome!

I had trouble viewing pics but seems to be fine this morning.

#2 opened with very cuppy dorsal but here is how it looks now that it has stabilized.
IMG_0003.jpg

Unfortunately the dorsal reflexed quite a bit. I played a little with MS Paint and here it is :rollhappy:
gambar.jpg

Three more plants are in bud now. I can't wait :)

Latest posts

Back