Paph. Hilo Citron (sibling blooms from a flask)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy

Reaction score
These are the blooms from the following cross:
Alma Gevaert 'Green Dome' SM/TPS X Hsinying Citron 'Ching Hua Giant' GM/TPS
greendome.jpg
chinghuagiant.jpg

So after a long wait finally the majority of the seedlings have bloomed.
Some of the photos were taken from funny angles, but you still get the idea...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Okay. So, some, especially one, are crappy. But, I agree, the best ones make it all worthwhile. I like #6 (from the top), best. Although, what I'd like to do is take the dorsal from one, the petals from another and the pouch from a third....and make up my own flower! I guess instead, you'll just have to do sib crosses. Nice photos. Thanks for posting!

Some are really nice. Great variation.

I believe I saw a post where you took cuttings from these out of flask? Were you able to propagate the best ones?

Only a few are sub-standard! Great demo for us! But a lot of work for you. Will you continue on with sib crosses or back crosses?

Well not really, Eric, my space is really limited. This batch of green does occupy lots of bench space so some culling is definitely in order!

Sib cross, yes why not, maybe in the future :) As for back cross, I'll need to wait. I have seedlings from a sib-cross of Hsinying Citron, I'm hoping something nice will come out of it too!

Yes, I definitely want to try propagating the best ones. Having said that I probably can't take stem cuttings from the mature plants, because most of them turn out very short-stemmed. Well at least short-stemmed means the plants are better from esthetic point of view, and more manageable in the pots.

Great work!!!! Well done!! I like the pointly slender ones, rather than the roundish ones, but this is just my opinion... :)

Latest posts

Back