Paph helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’re such good value. I especially like that because they are so small you can usually have flowers from flask in under 12 months

Very cute and pretty flowers. Do you want to self it or cross it with another helenae or species or just store the pollen ?

Very cute and pretty flowers. Do you want to self it or cross it with another helenae or species or just store the pollen ?
I’ve crossed them all, but they are siblings which originated from a show in Singapore around 15 years ago. I deflasked these ones 13 years ago according to my records.

I'm normally a Parvi and Polyantha fan when it comes to Paphs, but I do have a soft spot for P. helenae! I've had my plant for over ten years and it puts on such a great show each year. Hard to beat, especially given how small the foliage is. Very forgiving plant as far as I can tell, so I'm sure it'll be okay if you have to delay repotting a bit to accommodate the flowers.

Latest posts

Back