Paph. helenae forma aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love these :drool::drool:,

Does anyone have the delicata form, or any information about it. There is a photo in the latest Orchid Digest and I just love the pink color, but haven't really heard anything about it.

Susan

Olaf created this post a while back -

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7557

I love this form as well. Keen to get some put finding it difficult. One of the Taiwanese nurseries told me all the demand is for yellow helenae's so there is little motivation to propagate them.

David

very nice and cute!!!

mine is only in low buds I have to wait a couple more months...

Olaf created this post a while back -

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7557

I love this form as well. Keen to get some put finding it difficult. One of the Taiwanese nurseries told me all the demand is for yellow helenae's so there is little motivation to propagate them.

David

Indeed, it seems that the delicatum form is pretty difficult to find. I once bought a "delicatum" from Franz Glanz, but when it bloomed it happened to be a normal helenae. After discussion with other Paph growers, who has also seen a lot of helenaes, apparently the color expression of this species is very strongly dependant on the culture temp (apparently more than other species). Some growers have even commented thatthe delicatum could be a cultural artifact (which I am not really sure is the case, and cannot agree with that statement), but have seen the same plant blooming quite yellow/orange once, and then blooming more brownish/greenish when the temps were higher...

I keep anyway my search after delicatum and aurem forms...

Oh please invite me over for tea one day. :)

Your are welcome for a cup of tea, if you are in Europe one time! :)

Indeed, it seems that the delicatum form is pretty difficult to find. I once bought a "delicatum" from Franz Glanz, but when it bloomed it happened to be a normal helenae. After discussion with other Paph growers, who has also seen a lot of helenaes, apparently the color expression of this species is very strongly dependant on the culture temp (apparently more than other species). Some growers have even commented thatthe delicatum could be a cultural artifact (which I am not really sure is the case, and cannot agree with that statement), but have seen the same plant blooming quite yellow/orange once, and then blooming more brownish/greenish when the temps were higher...

I keep anyway my search after delicatum and aurem forms...

I bought two helenae fm. delicatum this spring. Now they are in low bud, so let's wait and see...

That is amazing, here I am excited about my 'normal' ones and then you produce these. Give it to me!!!

Paphiopedilum helenae forma aureum 'Lemon Elf' SM/D.O.G.

Be happy with me, my P. helenae fm. aureum is awarded! It got a Silver Medal from the German Orchid Society last Saturday!

Latest posts

Back