Paph Growth Hormone

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Howzat

I wonder if any one has used a hormone to stimulate/initiate a new growth in Paph. Many years ago I used this hormone in 3ml tube (imported from Canada), with good result when applied to dendrobium and phalaenopsis, but only very limited success with the application on Paph. So I gave it away.
Now that my malipoense plant (about 20 years since I had it), which flower every 3 years on new single growth, lost its new growth and it has been 8-9 months since and has not produced a second, life saving growth. Fearing that I may lose the whole plant, I am thinking of trying this hormone again. Any comment????

I have tried KeikiPro with unknown success. I think it works to some degree in barbata-types, but even then I am not certain. Their have been no controlled studies, as far as I know.

I tried it last year Howard with no success at all. Not a single extra growth. I only tried it the once on a few plants. I should give it another go at a different time of year.

David

Simple trick: sever the old growth after the new growth has put in some size and some roots and before the old growth begins to yellow. This will encourage it to send up a new growth. This trick can be repeated 2x on the old growth. It does set the new growths back and they will take longer to flower. This works well for Complex Paphs. Not sure about others...

Latest posts

Back