Paph gratrixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

This is the gratrixianum that I used for the ST breeding project. Forum user Mathias send me pollen of his clone. The thread can be found here:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24048

Seed has been harvested last weekend and brought away for sowing.

Here are the pictures of the single flower it produced this year.

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

Nice one!! Is it compact? I want one too!

This is not a really compact form, I was really impressed by the compact clone that slipperking posted a few days ago.

The leaves of this plant grow aprox. 30cm long and they grow up and have a lancet shape. The plant can be seen in the picture below on the left.

IMG_2472.jpg

That's a nice gratrix! I wonder if the villosum var gratrixianum o&m offer would be worth a try (they have messed up with the pics, I'm afraid) Like yours a lot, but wouldn't like to get a ordinary villosum... Its tremendous if you cannot really see what you buy. Hope you get good seedlings out of the two pods!

That's a nice gratrix! I wonder if the villosum var gratrixianum o&m offer would be worth a try (they have messed up with the pics, I'm afraid) Like yours a lot, but wouldn't like to get a ordinary villosum... Its tremendous if you cannot really see what you buy. Hope you get good seedlings out of the two pods!

Here is what O&M sales me for paph. villosum var. boxalii so distrust ! click Here

Brabantia, thats just the type of plant I want! I'm no taxonomist, but I don't think it is var. boxalii, and I belive they have them mixed up in the greenhouses. (Or at least in the catalogue...) Yes, I always distrust when there are flaws in the catalogues... !

Latest posts

Back