Amitostigma keiskei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
This is my first over-wintering of this species. I'm glad that they came back and each of them doubled in the number of growths and flowers (there are two plants in a pot)! It is from Shikoku Garden import by Kusamono Gardens. Here is my previous thread about these plants. I brought out my good-ol' Nikon D300 for a change. It's bulky, but not bad for a 10-year-old camera. The background became too dark, though.

Amitostigma keiskei on Flickr

Amitostigma keiskei on Flickr

Linus, I don't think I'm a better grower you grow nice terrestrials! But the cooler temperature could be an advantage in Alaska. I can keep them in S. facing window even in the summer time.

are these like Habernias?

I don't have many Habenaria, but as Linus said, I'm guessing that they are somewhat different. I guess some Habenaria are kept wet even during the dormancy. So it may be similar in this point. I'm keeping A. keiskei fairly wet/moist in summer and winter (during the dormancy).

Is this a bud?

37a692173d639659ecb53c6cbbb42bb1.jpg

8168ebbd0968eccba060dd34f231145c.jpg

Maybe its two buds. I just saw a green tip above moss two days ago. The whole thing is maybe a centimeter tall. For reference its a 2 3/4 inch pot. !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, it's probably going to open really soon! Did you get A. kinoshitae, too, Charles? It seems that my small keiki from A. kinoshitae survived.

Latest posts

Back