Paph. gratrixianum = Paph. villosum var. gratrixianum?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you are only dosing at 1/4 strength, then your effective feeding rate is actually 1.25-1.25-1.25 rather than 5-5-5

So I would make up a gallon of your 1/4 strength 5/5/5 and add 1/8 tsp of calcium nitrate, and 1/4 tsp of Epsom salts (only 1/8 tsp if you use anhydrous MgSO4).

If your seaweed/kelp extract is similar to mine (no significant NPK), then I add 1/4 tsp per gallon to the above fertilizer mix.

This should give you a fertilizer mix that doses N at roughly 30 or so ppm, and you can feed this weekly instead of every other week.

If you are growing in a GH and expect longer/warmer/brighter summer days then you can probably use 1/4 tsp/gal of calcium nitrate.

Sorry for lack of metric units for this orchid cooking recipe
Thank you so very much. I'll do this when my two victims have arrived. I'm only a windowsill grower, so no greenhouses for me.

It's perfectly okay, there are plenty of converters online I can use to translate your units to mine. ;)

Again, thank you!

Pweh! I've now ordered the epsom salt, seaweed extract, and almost the calcium nitrate. The last one is not easy to find and impossible to buy online. Considering all the googling I've done on it I wouldn't be surprised if the police paid me a visit (it must be a reason why it's so impossible to find and hard to order). This all for some mere orchids! :rollhappy:

Buy K-lite from Ray, it's main nitrogen source is calcium nitrate if I'm not mistaken. I payed around 25,- euros incl shipping from the US to the Netherlands.

Buy K-lite from Ray, it's main nitrogen source is calcium nitrate if I'm not mistaken. I payed around 25,- euros incl shipping from the US to the Netherlands.

Yes, do so if you can get it into Sweden. You can still add the kelp to it also.

Yes, do so if you can get it into Sweden. You can still add the kelp to it also.
Does he ship to Sweden? I honestly think it'll be cheaper for me to buy these things separately here in Sweden instead (they'll last me a lifetime I think!). I know that most stores in the UK won't ship any liquids to Sweden, why this is so, I don't know. :confused:

Does he ship to Sweden? I honestly think it'll be cheaper for me to buy these things separately here in Sweden instead (they'll last me a lifetime I think!). I know that most stores in the UK won't ship any liquids to Sweden, why this is so, I don't know. :confused:

K-lite is dry powder/granule

Latest posts

Back