Paph. godefroyae x tigrinum first-bloomer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for pointing out Cloud's. That one is very different. Hard to believe they are the same cross.

No kidding, that is very different. But still great looking, I think. :drool:

I do not think the petal shape is as good as this one and I think the spots on the Toot's Gift are over done. Just my opinion as I am certainly no expert.

I looked up Paph. Toot's Gift and its actually a hybrid of Paph. Greyi x tigrinum, perhaps that's why it looks so different? Paph Greyi is godefroyae x niveum and niveum lends dominant white color.

I just joined the forum and really registered just so I could pop in to tell you that this bloom is just STUNNING! lol

I just love it and am so happy for you.

I do not think the petal shape is as good as this one and I think the spots on the Toot's Gift are over done. Just my opinion as I am certainly no expert.
I think they both have too many spots! Send them to me and I'll run them through the Paph-osteryser! :evil:

Wow...That is an amazing flower! What I like is that it looks so different compared to everything else what is out there. I have done some tigrinum hybrids myself, and I have noticed that just like the pure Paph. tigrinum they have a very hard time growing in the lab, and that is probably why you do not see to many hybrids made with this species out there. I have finally been able to get some pure tigrinum's growing, so hopefully I can use the same procedure on the hyrbrids. We have some tigrinum's in bloom at the moment, so seeing this cross, makes me want to go take out the toothpick and make some more brachy/tigrinum crosses...

Robert

Do you guys have any of the pur tigrinums for sale just now? A little one? LOL

And I just want to say I hope hope hope you try for some brachy/tigrinum crosses! I just love this one!! :wink:

Back