Paph. godefroyae x tigrinum first-bloomer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd but amazing flower! When I opened this thread I got hit with the WOW! factor. I wonder what they'll name this cross?

Very cool. Two of my favourite species mixed together and I rather like the result. Great spots and the clear pouch is nice.

Thanks all. ;)

I think the breeder must have used Paph. godefroyae var. leucochilum as the pod parent, how else would the pouch come out clear of any spotting, or tan blush from the tigrinum?

Thanks Candace, and its nice to have photos that "stay put", isn't it? :evil: :rollhappy:

Wow...That is an amazing flower! What I like is that it looks so different compared to everything else what is out there. I have done some tigrinum hybrids myself, and I have noticed that just like the pure Paph. tigrinum they have a very hard time growing in the lab, and that is probably why you do not see to many hybrids made with this species out there. I have finally been able to get some pure tigrinum's growing, so hopefully I can use the same procedure on the hyrbrids. We have some tigrinum's in bloom at the moment, so seeing this cross, makes me want to go take out the toothpick and make some more brachy/tigrinum crosses...

Robert

..... We have some tigrinum's in bloom at the moment, so seeing this cross, makes me want to go take out the toothpick and make some more brachy/tigrinum crosses... Robert
...so where are the pics, we like to:drool:!

Back