Paph. godefrayae (fma. leucochillum?) - my newest acquisition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so beautiful, congratulation,
Alexej always has nice stuff , I wonder which slippertalk member bought the really nice and almost full black one he had at the same time as this. Did you see it and decide to pass it up and not buying? in fact that black one's price was not bad, a lot less than most of the ones he brought to the USA
He did not have a show in the US at the time, otherwise, I would have ask him to bring that black one to the show.

Last edited:
Hien, this was the most coloured one of four, he offered for sale on ebay at the time. There might have been yet another one that I didn't get to see...sometimes the very good stuff only has a very short life on ebay, if the price is good, that is...so I simply might have missed out on that one?!
My main objective in that buy was btw to lay my hands on the well grown youngplant of kolopakingii album 'Green Dragon' x self (which I did), and I can't rule out the possibility, that I might have missed out on the plant, you mention, on account of being blinded by the Green Dragon! ;):cool:

Last edited:
I've struggled with Popow plants

That's interesting - Popow's plants always - nearly always ;) - have done well for me!

My struggle seems more to be with Sam's plants...but when I succeed with them, the result is always excellent!
On arrival Sam's plants always are well grown and of good quality - in the begining I pondered, whether the problem lay in them being shipped barerooted, but I have now bought quite a few other plants from others, where the barerooted shipping condition haven't negatively affected the mortality rate in any way.
My present hypotheses is that the problem might head from a - maybe too big difference in cultivation regime, that results in undue stress for the plants? This doesn't mean, in any way, that I've given up on buying Sam's excellent plants - and hopefully in the future, I'll succeed in breaking the code to secure the survival of more of his plants!

Last edited:
Hien, this was the most coloured one of four, he offered for sale on ebay at the time. There might have been yet another one that I didn't get to see...sometimes the very good stuff only has a very short life on ebay, if the price is good, that is...so I simply might have missed out on that one?!
My main objective in that buy was btw to lay my hands on the well grown youngplant of kolopakingii album 'Green Dragon' x self (which I did), and I can't rule out the possibility, that I might have missed out on the plant, you mention, on account of being blinded by the Green Dragon! ;):cool:
The one you just bought probably came out from the same flask of the two clones "Black Mountain" post #66 & "Dark" post # 67 that I got from him.
The one that I saw has the same look of "Dark Side" post #72 , full saturated color except for a very thin contour of white at the edge of petals. probably a sibling of "Dark Side" , he put it up for sale just a week or two before he list the 4 plants you talk about, and still available when he posted the other 4 plants.
I was hoping that some slippertalk member got it.
Absolutely, when you aiming at the kolopakingii album, something white, you may not notice something black.

Guldal, I think I sense a serious addiction here! Wuh oh. ;>)

I already commentented on this in a thread back in 2017. And from then on, it has just gone one way - down the slipper(y) slope:

"From one paphioholic to the others!

Finally, we made it into WHO's diagnostic manual, ICD-10 ( the 2018 rev.):

F19.2 Other psychoactive substance dependence - and sometimes with F19.211 ..... delirium

”You can get off alcohol, drugs, women, food, and cars, but once you’re hooked on orchids, you’re finished. You never get off orchids…never.”

Joe Kunisch
Commercial orchid grower
Rochester, New York
(cit. Eric Hansen:’ Orchid Fever: A Horticultural Tale of Love, Lust,
and Lunacy’, Pantheon 2000)"

Latest posts

Back