Paph. glanduliferum var. wilheminiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

This is a first-bloom seedling of Paphiopedilum glanduliferum var. wilhelminiae that I got from Windy Hill Orchids a couple of years ago. The single flower on this blooming is about five inches across the petals, and produced on a very compact plant. Eventually up to three or so flowers are produced per stem.

I'm growing it in a four-inch plastic pot with a media consisting of coconut husk chips, charcoal, and spongerock.

I think this beautiful Paphos. I'm crazy to see the flower of my later this year if possible

Thanks all.

Hi Rick. I'd have to go out an measure it, but I'm guessing the leafspan is about nine inches.

Thanks all.

Hi Rick. I'd have to go out an measure it, but I'm guessing the leafspan is about nine inches.

That's a good compact one Ed. As a wilhelm I wouldn't hope for more than 3 flowers (two is more normal). More than 3, and a bigger plant, and I'd wonder if it has some other stuff in it.

Check out my schilleriana post. I'll never get it out the GH to show you.:eek:

Nice growing Ed. Paph wilhelminiae can be a bit tricky to grow well. I find they can rot easily if not watched closely. Nice chocolate colors too!

WOW!! Ed.... That is a great looking plant, have to watch for that one for sure. Jim.

Back