Paph Forum 2012- Feb 18

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you can order hang from Perner, but I'm actually interested in a hang cross (in the hopes of hybrid vigor). The Oct issue of Orchid Digest had a feature on Hang and Hang crosses. Have they started backcrossing on primary hybrids? I'd love a Hang x (hang x in-charm).

Yes you can order them, but as he said in his email, they will not be available during his DC trip, but will be when he returns to Santa Barbara in March.

Orchid Auction Saturday 2/11

Just 2 weeks until the Paph Forum!
Come a week early and check out NCOS' Orchid Auction (same location as Paph Forum).

National Capital Orchid Society
www.ncos.us
34th Annual Orchid Auction

Behnke Nursery, 11300 Baltimore Ave., Beltsville, MD, 20705
Saturday, February 11, 2012
10 am to 4 pm (Preview: 10 to 11 am Lively Auction: 11 to 4 pm)

FREE admission; Hundreds of blooming orchids; food vendor; for $2, you can move the orchid you want to bid on to the 'head of the line'. Checks/VISA/MasterCard gladly accepted!

Attachments

• auction.jpg
    auction.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 8
My relatives, 2nd or 3rd cousins no less, are coming into town and asked me to take them around that Saturday! :mad: My mom told me not to blow them off!

I'm heading down to DC on Friday. Not only does it allow me to get in and set up early on Saturday, but I think I'll go to the Smithsonian's exhibit at the natural history museum.

I'm heading down to DC on Friday. Not only does it allow me to get in and set up early on Saturday, but I think I'll go to the Smithsonian's exhibit at the natural history museum.

Which exhibit? Alas, the Smithsonian Orchid exhibits are every 2 years on the odd year. The US Botanic Garden still has orchids.

And there a lot of great DC restaurants, many with "Top Chef" connections...

"A View from the East" at the Natural History Museum.

I grew up in DC, but mostly know my way around Northwest (it has been a LONG time since I lived there, but my stepmother did live in Chevy Chase MD, so I got bac periodically).

Well it's just after 8 and the doors have just opened for the forum. I'm sitting home in N.Y. and just got the call I was waiting for. I just bought a flask of armeniacum and micranthum var eburneum. If I had passed, Glenn Decker was the next person in line for these flask. I think he's not a happy man at the moment.

I really enjoyed Holger Pernar's presentation on Chinese paphs, and managed to pick up a henryanum and helenae (2 mature growths with 2" leaves) for myself, plus a very large (4-growth) Kolarmi (kolo x armeniacum) from Glen.

He had some other non-paphs available, but left them at Woodstream where he and his wife stayed, as this was a slipper-only event. Don't be surprised to see them and unsold paphs go up on their site.

He'll be back on the west coast in May, and said he's be happy to ship from there (and he'll have hangianums then, too). So I think a pre-order will be worth it.

IMG_7791_14.jpg

IMG_7792_15.jpg

IMG_7779_2.jpg

IMG_7788_11.jpg

HUGE Don Wimber and China Dragon

IMG_7785_8.jpg

IMG_7790_13.jpg

IMG_7781_4.jpg

IMG_7793_16.jpg

IMG_7795_17.jpg

Phrag. besseae and flavum

IMG_7783_6.jpg

Paph (Magic Latern x Kevin Porter)

IMG_7784_7.jpg

IMG_7786_9.jpg

Those flasks belong to Marriott orchids.

Besides the helenae, micranthum, eburneum, armeniacum, armeniacum var markii, dianthum, esquirola and Magic Latern I believe Holger had 2 flasks of hanganiums and cyps.

Latest posts

Back