Paph Formosa Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, if it has always been flowering at this time of the year, then I am happy for you, as now is the show times. Mine too, all my multi's flower in October to January/Feb, so there is no chance to put on a show. That is the drawback of multi's, unless I give more heat over winter. But then my parvi's will not very happy, if I do. To make them both not unhappy, I only give heat so the min. temp is 10C, just to take the chill out in my GH.

David, if it has always been flowering at this time of the year, then I am happy for you, as now is the show times. Mine too, all my multi's flower in October to January/Feb, so there is no chance to put on a show. That is the drawback of multi's, unless I give more heat over winter. But then my parvi's will not very happy, if I do. To make them both not unhappy, I only give heat so the min. temp is 10C, just to take the chill out in my GH.

We don't have any shows around here at this time of year. We have an autumn show in early March. I understand your frustrations about flowering times of multis. They are some of my best plants yet I rarely show them. I heat my glasshouse to around 15-16oC minimum but they still don't flower until the same time as yours.

10oC is pretty cool for multi's. You probably get a lot more warmth through the day then I do though. My minimums and maximums are often the same at this time of year.

David

Back