Paph Fanaticum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is! This particular one is a good grower (windowsill culture), and reliable enough for blooming.

Yours made it!! How many months has it taken from spike to flower?

I am yet to see any of mine in bloom.
I had one seedling in spike three years ago. Super excited but only to blast on my after sitting low for a very long time.
Then, I had two mature plants in spike. Both of them had their spike sitting low for many months and eventually turned brown and died.

Now, I just bought a mature plant again last week just because it was in spike, although I have a bunch of seedlings in my collection. Hopefully this time, I may get lucky! :)

Whence did you acquire it?

I’ve had this one for at least 6 years now, and unfortunately the original tag has been lost in that time. I think it was an eBay seller, though. Sorry!

Yours made it!! How many months has it taken from spike to flower?

I am yet to see any of mine in bloom.
I had one seedling in spike three years ago. Super excited but only to blast on my after sitting low for a very long time.
Then, I had two mature plants in spike. Both of them had their spike sitting low for many months and eventually turned brown and died.

It was around mid August when it was clear that it was going to flower. Like malipoense, it took its time before things really got going. It was in full bloom around the beginning of January.

That’s too bad about yours. Hopefully they start behaving themselves!

It is! This particular one is a good grower (windowsill culture), and reliable enough for blooming.
Gorgeous! And thanks for the encouragement on trying this cross. Nice photo too.

Latest posts

Back