Paph. Fanaticum, Fumi's Delight & helenae x purpuratum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

This is my second Fumi's Delight (First one died very quick after arrival...). Even though the flowers are (IMO) not as nice as those of my previous plant, they are larger and the plant is pretty vigorous... Both plants are from the same cross (micranthum 'A Shan' x armeniacum 'Big Drum') by Orchids Limited.

Paphiopedilum Fumi's Delight by kavanaru, on Flickr

my previous plant for comparison:

Paph Fanaticum and Paph helenaexpurpuratum are new additions to my collection. Both plants come L'Amazone Orchidee in Belgium. I have never been a big fan of Fanaticum, but somehow this plant got my attention (and I was in a good "buying-Mood" :D)... The helenae cross is a cute little plant... and it is a helenae cross (I have a weakness for them...:rolleyes:)

Paphiopedilum Fanaticum by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum helenae x purpuratum by kavanaru, on Flickr

Paphiopedilum helenae x purpuratum by kavanaru, on Flickr

:clap::clap: I'll take either parvi! :drool::drool:
It's interesting to see these different crosses as I have an Emma Decker (malip. x Fumi's delight) in spike!... anticipating what it might look like.
The hele X purp is very cool! The color alone is a big change for hele crosses.
This is like an optical illusion, the color says purpuratum dominates but then ignore the color and ........
hmmm not sure if eirther one really has the upper hand!

More beautiful flowers. The new year starts very well on this forum. :)

I like the first Fumi's Delight much more. Other than an extra wide staminode sheild, it looks just like a micranthum in shape; only in yellow! Cool! The other FD has much more of an armeniacum shape.....and I happen to like micranthum's shape more.

Nice helenae cross!! glad to see the purpuratum parent shines through in the cross :) The leaves are quite pretty too IMO :)

I like the first Fumi's Delight much more. Other than an extra wide staminode sheild, it looks just like a micranthum in shape; only in yellow! Cool! The other FD has much more of an armeniacum shape.....and I happen to like micranthum's shape more.

I also like the dead FD more... but unfurtunatelly, that plant arrived, stayed quite a bit, produced one new root, bloomed and died almost from one day to the other... no chance to save it (not even cutting off the spike)... as for the new one, I only hope it gets a bit more symmetric in the future... :)

That's something I really like from the helenae cross too, and it's that the color is very much purpuratum (but a bit washed out, making it very delicate). Definitely something new for me regarding helenae crosses, where helenae dominates in shape and makes "dirty" colors most of the times...

Latest posts

Back