Paph. fairrieanum seedling group

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drool: Oh, yes!! How gorgeous! I have some babies that are recently out of flask from Sam also- Paph. fairrieanum x sib. (Fair Lady x Extra Fair) semi albas- hopefully some albas in the group... it will be a while! That's a fantastic photo of all those together! Unbelievable! Great job! :D

umm... aaaahhh... ooooh...

kicking myself for not getting any of that fairrie flask from sam :(

Damn! (said in a very aw-struck, respectful, and jealous tone of voice) :) I'd say very nice, but that's a bit of an understatement!

This group of P. fairrieanum is extremely spectacular and really stunning. I've never seen so many good fairrieanum together. :drool:

Best regards from germany, rudolf

WOOF!!!! Why don't you go get an AQ for Sam!!

Last year I presented a group for A.O.S., judging and received 2 AM/AOS awards. This year I have enough to present for an AQ. I wanted to try this weekend to make it to Judging in Tacoma, Wa. It would appear the weather here in the Pacific Northwest will not allow it. We are iced over and more snow and possible freezing rain is expected tomorrow and over the weekend. Alas I shall have to just wait and breed with them instead. Not a bad outcome!

Theresa.
Hillsview

So, so wonderful. I agree with Robin, no words.

I have had a rough time with my fairrieanum crosses, but that just means there is lots of room for improvement!

Last year I presented a group for A.O.S., judging and received 2 AM/AOS awards. This year I have enough to present for an AQ. I wanted to try this weekend to make it to Judging in Tacoma, Wa. It would appear the weather here in the Pacific Northwest will not allow it. We are iced over and more snow and possible freezing rain is expected tomorrow and over the weekend. Alas I shall have to just wait and breed with them instead. Not a bad outcome!

Theresa.
Hillsview

Hi Theresa,

I am debating whether the judging should be canceled entirely due to the terrible driving conditions and the long distances involved. Don't even try it this weekend!

BZ

So.... Theresa...

It's about that time of year again and it's even colder this December than last!

How did these Paph. fairrieanum seedlings do this year?

Scott,

You know this but for the benefit of everyone else. The group was shown this last weekend at regional judging December 6, 2009. In the group of 15 plants were the two previous AM/AOS awarded clones. We received 4 more AM/AOS awards, an FCC/AOS award and an Award of Quality for the cross - the breeder, Sam Tsui. Not bad. We also received an AM on a Paph. Don Egger 'Steller' and an HCC/AOS on a Paph Cruella 'Lucky'. Judging can be expensive. My husbands words not mine. Will cautioned the judges to be more critical.

Theresa.
Hillsview Garden

wow! congrats on the awards.
How did I not post on this thread before :drool: They are all gorgeous in the old photo from last year, though the darkest one in the center stands out, as does the one at the very right. So hard to choose!

Back