Paph. fairrieanum seedling group

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are from Sam Tsui grown from flask. They are the best quality dark red Paph. fairrieanum plants I have seen in some time. They were made with Paph. fairrieanum 'Red' AM/AOS, and two have already received quality awards. Paph. fairrieanum 'Pankot' AM/AOS, and Paph. fairrieanum 'Kipling' AM/AOS. Several of these are better than the awarded clones. All the seedling shown here have not been show. The cross is Orchid Inn #OIC0326.

Paph_fairrieanum_group_P.jpg

WOW. That is unbelievable. Let me just wipe the drool off the keyboard.

I recently obtained a fairrieanum flask from Sam Tsui - Red x Fox Valley. I believe the Fox Valley clone is very dark and big as well. I think even though I got the flask from Sam the cross was made by Fox Valley. The seedlings were very spindly and weak and I wasn't very confident about them but they are surprisingly doing quite well. If that is what I have to look forward to I can't wait.

David

Ok, if I had to pick two, the one on the far right and the lowest one in the center.

-Ernie

Ok, if I had to pick two, the one on the far right and the lowest one in the center.

-Ernie

I had picked the one on the far right too, but my favorite is just to the right of the lowest one in the center (next to the unopened flower).:drool:

Spectacular!! :drool:

How long did it take you to grow them from flask to flowering??

Spectacular!! :drool:

How long did it take you to grow them from flask to flowering??

Three seasons from flask to flower. This is their 4th year with some flowering for the 1st time and many flowering for the 2nd time. Several were presented for A.O.S., judging last year with 2 awarded.

Paph. fairrieanum like Paph. charlesworthii grow very fast from flask. Just keep them potted up at every point along their development. Do not let them just sit in compots. Just like when you leave them in the flask too long they slow down and just sulk. It is slower growing when you have to turn a plant around. Keep them growing!

Theresa.

OMG, this is too much for me :sob:!!!!! I am looking around since one year to find one bloomingsize of those beauties; too hard to find here around! I would ask you to send some to Lux./ Europe but this seems to be impossible because of Cites doc!!! (That's what I was told :) ). Jean

Back