Paph dianthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Reliably flowers for me this time every year. Sometimes when I've been good, I will get three flowers on a spike. But not this year. Certainly a lot easier to grow than its close relative parishii.

David

dianthum2008closeup.jpg

dianthum2008-1.jpg

lovely =)
do you grow this under lights?

No, it grows in my glasshouse. I've found it pretty easy to grow. One of my hardier Paphs.

I flowered it a couple of years back with 8 flowers on 3 spikes. It looked incredible. It has been taking it easy since. Next year should have a few flowering growths.

David

Those are fantastic flowers, and a great-looking plant :clap:

I think I should get one - especially if it's a bit hardy!

Dan

David, I think your plant thinks its in the northern hemisphere. Its flowering time is a little out of whack. Very nice though.

Roy - I would have flowered this plant 6 times now and it flowers this time every year. Hardly varies. It is suggested that this species flowers in Autumn to winter. So mine is a little earlier than that. The flowers last more than 3 months so it will still be in flower during Autumn. In fact it won champion orchid at our autumn show a couple of years back.

David

Very nice David love that flower. I have a question for you or if you don't know maybe someone else will know. Will this species bloom on a single fan? I have 2 different clones and one is a single mature fan with a start and the second plant is two mature fans. I've had them for 8 months maybe but no blooms yet. Another question, is it the fall season this species puts up flowers?

Very nice David love that flower. I have a question for you or if you don't know maybe someone else will know. Will this species bloom on a single fan? I have 2 different clones and one is a single mature fan with a start and the second plant is two mature fans. I've had them for 8 months maybe but no blooms yet. Another question, is it the fall season this species puts up flowers?

Rick - I bought this one as a fairly large division. Five or six growths from memory. In fact it had 2 growths in bud when I got it. So I can't speak from experience on your question.

Roy mentioned above the unusual time mine is flowering. We are in the middle of summer here and mine have been open for about 2 weeks. The spikes seem to appear in later spring for me and are open during summer into early autumn. Mine flowers consistently this time every year. Yet the books say it is an autumn to winter flowerer.

David

Hello,
This species can bloom on a single mature growth. Mine bloomed in summer (4-5 months) for the first time (2007) with one growth and new ones appeared then. It's a vigourous, and easy growing speices (should have 3 spikes this year).:)

Latest posts

Back