Quantcast

Paph dayanum, two 3Ds

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

gore42

So, I'm becoming increasingly 56k unfriendly... sorry for those of you on dial-up! The first one of these is just the bloom, and it's just a hair over a Meg, so it will take a while to load from 56k. If you're on broadband, it should be quick.

You can see it here:
http://www.goreorchids.com/SpecPgs/3d-dayanum/dayanum-spin.html

And if you are on 56k, this one should be a little quicker... its about 700k. I wanted to do one of the whole plant, showing the width of the leaves, but at the rate that the size of these things adds up... I thought this would be fine. Shows some of the leaves, and the length of the spike. This was grown without a stake.

http://www.goreorchids.com/SpecPgs/3d-dayanum2/dayanum-spin.html

Hope you enjoy them!

I'm doing some updates on my website, so if the page won't load, just give it a minute and try again... should be fine. Also, I have a new monitor that isn't calibrated yet, so if these are too dark or too bright, let me know.

As Ever,
Matthew Gore

O

ORG

Very interesting presentation. I would be interesting to see more of them.

Thanks and best greetings

Olaf

B

Barbara

That was just cool. :clap: Amazing what you can do these days.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
You are getting better and better at that, Matt. Very smooth, and no artifacts in the background.

G

gore42

Thanks Dot :) I really like this species... this was the first barbata that I really liked, and now I'm finally starting to see the attraction of the whole section.

I'm not sure whether I should self this one or wait a few weeks until my next one opens. The next one to open will be the light-leaf variety, and I will probably self that one...

- Matt

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
gore42 said:
Thanks Dot :) I'm not sure whether I should self this one or wait a few weeks until my next one opens. The next one to open will be the light-leaf variety, and I will probably self that one...

- Matt
Why not do both?

G

gore42

Well, of course I can self both of them... or I can self the other one and also pollinate this one from it, if I wait. But, I would prefer to get at least one NON-selfing, and I definitely want to self the other one. That seems not to leave me too many alternatives :)

- Matt

Latest posts