Paph. curtisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jblanford

Here's one I had to watch for a while, but it paid off, I'll give it to you with two different backgrounds see what you think.
IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2125_1.jpg

I find the second one's background distracting. Maybe if it were really out of focus.

Nice curtsii in either case!

Dot, you'r right if this was the old days and I was shooting film I would use a ND. filter shoot wide open and let the bg blow out, but this digital stuff is a lot different, I don't have enought time or beer to read the books and figure it out, this the best I can do. Thanks though.

I find the second one's background distracting. Maybe if it were really out of focus.

Nice curtsii in either case!

I agree 3 times!!

for me, especially the colorful blooms in the background of the 2nd pict. 'jump into my eyes'; maybe if it were more of uniform color and structure!!
But a very, very nice curtisii!!! Jean

Nice P. curtisii and in my eyes the first photo is the better one. A black background isn't needed but if you picture a flower this flower should be the main thing of the photo. An unicolored or completely blurred background is appropriate and helps you to put the flower in the foreground.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

The first is great for us Slipper Fools. The second would make a great post card and my mother would love it (non-slipper fool). Either way it kicks!! What's up with the face of the pouch? Every curtisii I have ever bloomed has had a "matted" look to the pouch. Yours glistens, is that water or sugar?

Dot, you'r right if this was the old days and I was shooting film I would use a ND. filter shoot wide open and let the bg blow out, but this digital stuff is a lot different, I don't have enought time or beer to read the books and figure it out, this the best I can do. Thanks though.
Digital or film, a camera is a camera. You can still use ND filter and shoo.t wide open, assuming you have control over the aperture setting. Optics don't really change with digital. It's the transfer and storage of information that is different.

Latest posts

Back