Paph Conkoloco

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I've been waiting a long time for this guy to rebloom but finally. The first flower's dorsal is deform, the rest looks like they will be fine. As the name suggest; concolor X kolopakingii
PDRM0039.jpg

PDRM0041.jpg

What a beautiful flower. Brachy x multifloral crosses never fail to amaze and thrill me.

Another interesting cross, really effective results.

I think it looks wonderful.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. But compact is relative only to growth habit in this case. The pot is a 6 inch aircone and the ls ~18 inches! It has 3 mature growths that tried to bloom but only this one made it.:mad: Last year one mature growth formed the last leaf (flower sheath) but no buds ever formed. Maybe it just needed a settling time period.

Very nice! we have 2 plants of that same cross. Does yours also smell like honey! I was able to make a cross with our conkoloco, and crossed it with armeniacum; I only got 3 or 4 seedlings out of the cross, but they really grew well, one is in-spike at the moment, and probably will be in-bloom by next week, so I will post some pics.

Robert

Very nice! we have 2 plants of that same cross. Does yours also smell like honey! I was able to make a cross with our conkoloco, and crossed it with armeniacum; I only got 3 or 4 seedlings out of the cross, but they really grew well, one is in-spike at the moment, and probably will be in-bloom by next week, so I will post some pics.

Robert
Damn! that sounds like a really sweet cross!! Is it multi Robert? As a side note: I've been meaning to ask how did you get your start as a breeder for OL? That if I can ask.

Back