Paph. (conkoloco x armeniacum) IT IS FINALLY OPEN!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I wanted to change to title, so I started a new thread...

In case you have not followed it here was the old thread:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9624

Here is a picture of the first flower:

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum1182008.jpg

close up:

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum-close-1182.jpg

Whole plant:

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacum-plant-1182.jpg

This is a comparison to it's parent (Conkoloco); I definately think it is an improvement:

Paphconkolocoxarmeniacumandconkoloc.jpg

Robert

That is spectacular! Much better form than I would assume from that cross; it appears that kolopakingii isn't as dominant in next generation crosses....

I like the armeniacum influence for color of course, and somewhat for the shape, and the striping and multi-floral from the other parent; a great result IMO!!!! Jean

Absolutely astounding! :clap::clap::clap:

So what cross do you plan to make with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K.

Is OL selling seedlings? I think this cross is a winner.

Thanks Candace (for editing).

No, unfortunately I did not get many out of this cross (only 4 seedlings); but now that I know what it is going to look like, I will surely remake the cross, and eventually (when this plant gets big enough) I am sure we will sell divisions.

Robert

Absolutely astounding! :clap::clap::clap:

So what cross to you plan to make with it?

Thanks,

I was planning to put it onto one of our best Paph. wenshanense. It will keep the yellow colors going, and it will widen out the petals even more. Another possibility is to put it back onto a multifloral, to keep the flower count high, I was thinking on Paph. rothschildianum.

Here is a picture of the wenshanense that I was going to use:

PaphwenshanenseCircleofLife1062008.jpg

Robert

Excellent job on the hybrid. Have you come up with a name for it? Makes me want to run out to the GH and stick armeniacum on mine now! Unfortunately I have no armeniacum:mad:

Excellent job on the hybrid. Have you come up with a name for it? Makes me want to run out to the GH and stick armeniacum on mine now! Unfortunately I have no armeniacum:mad:

No I have not come up with a name yet. Any suggestions?? Maybe something with Golden, or Gold in it...

Robert

Latest posts

Back