Paph. ciliolare

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
My pretty opened up much faster than I had expected and do I like it! I love the stripes on the petals and the dorsal, I love the dark, dark pouch (I suspect it'll fade over time though), and I really love the spots on the petals.

It's very different looking compared to my cerveranum and I love them both. I'm also very glad I can stand the fact that it's hairy since I almost can't look at pictures of Phals with hairy lips (my skin tries to crawl off my body when I do), so I was a bit worried.

So here's my second bloomer of my Paphs (I can't take any credit for it again since I've only had the plant for a month):

Front (unfortunately my camera didn't cooperate and refused to focus on the entire flower but went for the staminoid, dorsal and petals instead):
242807.orig.jpg

Profile:
242808.orig.jpg

Back (I love its stripes):
242809.orig.jpg

And the whole plant (it had two fans but they fell apart when I repotted it):
242810.orig.jpg

So now I have two bloomers; my ciliolare and my cerveranum, and I have two future bloomers; my Maudiae Vinicolor 'Schwarze Madonna' and my little superbiens, and I also have a possible bloomer; my purpuratum.

I'm a very happy and proud Paph newbie. :D

Cool

That's a high quality spotty one!:clap:

Mine is still in bloom. You should hurry and send me pollen from this one.

Wow that is dark very nice quality of ciliolaire. You seem to be doing good with paphs for a beginner. Hurry up and get a few more lol

Thanks guys! I'm very very happy with it. It's a bit hard to take pictures of since the pouch is so dark and my camera wants lots of light to take decent pictures. If I'm lucky it might actually be sunny tomorrow so I can take some good pictures of it where the colours appear more as they do IRL.

Wow that is dark very nice quality of ciliolaire. You seem to be doing good with paphs for a beginner. Hurry up and get a few more lol
I think it's because I've gotten so many at the same time that I haven't had enought time to kill them as of yet. ;)

Don't encourage me more than you have already, I'm very weak to persuasion. :wink:

Your photo is quite good -- it shows the colors and details very well.

I like this species, and you have a very good one.

That is one of the better marked ciliolares I've seen. Great colors
It is? I know they can vary according to the photos I've seen of them, but I've no idea if mine is considered a good example or not, all I know is that I'm very happy with it. :D

Your photo is quite good -- it shows the colors and details very well.

I like this species, and you have a very good one.
Thank you and since it seems the monsoon has started here in Sweden (no, we don't actually have any monsoon season, but looking at how the weather has behaved these last months, one might think we do) I can't take any better pictures of it at the moment.

As I wrote to Rick; "I've no idea if mine is considered a good example or not, all I know is that I'm very happy with it", and I am, very happy and pleased. That you guys say that I happen to have a nice example of ciliolare only makes me happier (I don't know if I should tell Mr ciliolare this though since it might get too full of itself then :wink: ). :D

I managed to get some photos of it in direct sunlight. The colour changes a bit depending if you see the flower in direct sunlight or indirect. In indirect it is as dark as in the previous photos, but in direct sunlight, it quite naturally looks lighter and more colourful.

As you can see, the petals has stretched backwards as compared to before.

Enjoy!

242937.orig.jpg

242938.orig.jpg

242939.orig.jpg

Latest posts

Back